Welcome to the first day of fall 2020!
Due to the global coronavirus pandemic, many of us have taken extra precautions to strengthen our immune system. On March 1 of this year, I wrote 24 ways to boost your immune system naturally right now.
Now as we enter the fall season in the Northern Hemisphere, we need to take extra precautions.
That’s because according to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), whenever we enter the fall, there is increased stress on our lungs and large intestines.
This is quite literally lung season – a time to take special care of your lungs.
Are you ready?
Your lungs control the circulation of Wei Chi.
What is your Wei Chi? Wei Chi is your defensive chi that protects you from the invasion of illness.
Weakness in your lungs can lead to deficiency in your Wei Chi, making you more susceptible to flus, colds and possibly the coronavirus that affects your lungs.
Here are a few steps you can take to build your Wei Chi at this time of year:
- Wear scarves and consider wearing a hat when you go outside. In Chinese medicine, the lungs are considered a delicate organ susceptible to what is referred to as a wind invasion. Avoid getting too cold around your head and neck.
- Clean your nose daily to avoid allergic reactions. Many yogis use a Neti pot. I prefer NeilMed, a product that uses a plastic squeeze bottle and premeasured salt packets.
- Practice qi gong. Join me online every Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. EST as we practice qi gong on Zoom. This simple, easy exercise has profound benefits for your overall health. Every time you practice qi gong, you balance your acupuncture system and strengthen your Wei Chi. Although all qi gong will strengthen your Wei Chi, you can watch this FREE video of a qi gong exercise in particular addresses your protective energy at this link.
- Practice breathing exercises. Since March 2020, I have donated FREE copies of my Amazon number 1 bestseller The Little Book of Breathwork to people in 17 countries:
Czech Republic (Prague)
If you have not received your free copy to learn how to integrate breathing exercises, hand mudras and affirmations, please email email@example.com and I’m happy to send you the ebook version.
5. Practice a healing meditation for the lungs. The healing color for the lungs is white. The healing sound is SSSSSSSSS. To practice this meditation follow these steps:
Come to a comfortable seated position
Close your eyes
Visualize your lungs filled with healing white light
As you relax, make the healing sound SSSSSSSS
6. Eat pungent foods. In Chinese medicine, you can strengthen your immune system by eating foods that balance your lungs and large intestines in the fall. Pungent foods include:
7. Reduce cow’s milk products that congest the lungs and cause dampness. Symptoms of dampness include feeling cold, a sore neck and tight shoulders, a runny nose, headache and feeling weak all over your body.
8. Make sure you are taking enough Vitamin C. A natural source of vitamin C can be found in Camu Berry, a sour berry native to the Amazon rain forest.
9. Check the humidity in your home. Here in Atlanta, for example, a naturally, hot, humid climate, our average outdoor humidity is 68. Anytime humidity is over 50 percent, you are ripe for accumulating mold. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done medical intuitive readings only to point out that the source of a client’s chronic illness is the mold in their house. I’ve also worked with countless clients to help them clean up their house in order to alleviate the primary cause of their illness.
10. Check for mold in your home – a condition that sets you and your family up for chronic illness. Mold especially affects your lungs and right now you want to do everything in your power to clean up your home so that your lungs stay healthy. I’ve created a number of interviews for the Natural Healing Show for UK Health Radio about how mold in your home can make you sick. You can watch my interview with Mara Landis about is toxic mold ruining your health at this link.
11. Clean the air ducts in your home to reduce allergens that may affect your lungs. Here in Atlanta, I recommend Lee Freeman of Too Fresh Air Quality. You can watch the interview I did with Lee Freeman about how your indoor air quality affects your health at this link.
12. Vacuum your house at least once a week to remove dust that may affect your lungs.
13. If you are having breathing difficulties, use acupressure to strengthen your lung chi. I’m showing you how in this FREE video at this link.
14. If you have asthma or are recovering from a cold, flu, pneumonia, COVID-19 or other breathing difficulties, considering using a salt pipe, which heals your lungs naturally. Watch my video about the healing benefits of salt pipes at this link and learn even more about how to heal your lungs naturally.
15. Practice yoga. In India, the Health Ministry just announced they recommend regular yoga practice as part of a protocol to recover from COVID-19. Practicing yoga regularly will strengthen your lungs. Many people think they know how to breathe but discover just how much of a difference they feel when they learn yoga breathing. You can join me for yoga classes four times a week on Zoom video conference from where ever you are in the world. To join us for yoga and qi gong classes via video conference right now, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816 to receive the code. Yoga classes meet via Zoom.us on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30 to 9 p.m. EST and Thursdays 11 a.m. to meet via Zoom.us on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30 to 9 p.m. EST and Thursdays 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST and Saturday mornings 10:30 a.m. Qi gong meets on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. EST.
16. Be compassionate with yourself when you feel grief, worry and sadness – emotions associated with an imbalance of the lungs. Of course there’s plenty of grief to go around right now. Here in the U.S., over 200,000 Americans have died so far from COVID-19. Because grief congests your lungs, make a special effort right now to find little ways to enjoy life. Go for a walk in the fresh air with a good friend. Revel in the beauty of the fall flowers. Know that we still live in a beautiful world even with all its many challenges right now.
What is healing? Healing happens when you live in harmony with the seasons, taking care to nurture your lungs in the fall.
To set up an appointment for a medical intuitive reading or healing work, please email catherine@catherinecarrigan or call 678-612-8816. If you are calling internationally, please call me at the same number through WhatsApp so I can return your call toll free!