In this interview for the Natural Healing Show for UK Health Radio, medical intuitive healer Catherine Carrigan interviews self confidence coach Kimberly Carter about how racism affects your self confidence.
Kimberly Carter is the author of 10 Keys to Unlock a More Self-Confident You.
We discussed her thoughts on building self confidence in a previous interview for the Natural Healing Show that you can watch at this link.
My previous interview with science researcher Tanei Ricks explored how racism affects a person’s overall health. You can watch that interview at this link.
Growing up as a young woman in the South, Kimberly Carter’s parents took extra steps to make sure that she built good self esteem despite the racism around her.
Ever since the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer on May 25, 2020, protests have occurred in all 50 states across the country.
As we re-examine the widespread effects of racism, one area to consider is how racism affects a person’s self confidence.
Questions discussed during this interview include:
1. How has systemic racism negatively impacted black Americans?
2. You are a self-esteem coach. How does racism affect a person’s self-esteem?
3. How does racism affect a person’s overall mental, physical, and emotional health?
4. During the COVID-19 pandemic, research shows that people of color across the globe – both in the US and the UK – are disproportionally affected by the virus, both in terms of getting sick and dying. Experts argue there are many reasons for this, including a higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. How does racism affect a person’s immune system?
5. How does racism affect a person’s stress levels?
6. Do black Americans have greater challenges with self confidence?
7. How can black Americans build their self confidence?
8. Many white people have faced criticism for proclaiming “I am not a racist.” How can white people in America work with black people to eradicate racism so that people of all colors can live and work together peacefully?
9. How can a black American or person of color who has faced racism his or her entire life build healthy self-esteem in today’s society?
10. What are the difficult discussions we need to have as a society around the topic of healing racism?
11. If there was just one thing you think could be done to change people’s attitudes about those who are different from them – perhaps growing up in different cultures with different backgrounds – what would it be?
12. What are common denominators of lack of self confidence for people of all races?
13. Are there areas where black American have more self confidence than other races?
14. How can we practice speaking up to build up our self confidence?
To learn more about how you can be healthy naturally, follow my interviews for the Natural Healing Show for UK Health Radio on Youtube at this link.
What is healing? Healing happens when you remember that your life matters, that you are a valuable person and that your words, thoughts and actions impact everyone around you.
To set up an appointment for a medical intuitive reading or healing work, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816. If you are outside the U.S., please call via WhatsApp. I can work with you from anywhere in the world by phone, Skype or Zoom video conference.