How To Achieve Your New Year’s Resolutions
It’s mid-January already, can you even remember your New Year’s resolutions?
Experts estimate that only about 8 percent of people actually manage to achieve their New Year’s resolutions.
The top 10 New Year’s resolutions for 2014 include:
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Spend less, save more
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Stay fit and healthy
- Learn something exciting
- Quit smoking
- Help others in their dreams
- Fall in love
- Spend more time with family
Whether your resolution was on the top 10 list or not, if you are serious about manifesting what you really want, you would do well to remember three words:
In order to manifest anything into reality, you need to ask yourself three questions:
- What do I need to do?
- Who do I need to be?
- What do I need to have?
An easy way to go through this thought process is to bring out a blank sheet of paper. Draw a large triangle in the center of your paper.
- At the base of the triangle, write “DO.” Then make a list of everything you would have to do to manifest your goal.
- On the right side of the triangle, write “BE.” Then make a list of everything you would have to be to manifest your goal.
- On the left side of the triangle, write “HAVE.” Then make a list of everything you would need to have to manifest your goal.
I’ll give a simple example, taking the most common New Year’s resolution to lose weight.
- DO exercise 3.5 to 5 hours per week, the time research shows is required to lose weight and also maintain a normal body weight.
- DO sleep 8 to 10 hours every night so your metabolism can work right.
- DO choose an anti-inflammatory diet, with less caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, sugar, fried foods and gluten.
- DO drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day.
- DO stop eating before you are full.
- BE consistent with your exercise, showing up for your workouts as scheduled.
- BE consistent with your eating, following the plan 8o to 90 percent of the time.
- BE calmer and more relaxed so you can turn off the cortisol that makes you fat around the midsection.
- BE a health-conscious person.
- BE mindful of your goals, 24/7, even on Friday and Saturday night.
- HAVE the mindset of a naturally slim person, who is never on a diet or off a diet but simply eating healthy.
- HAVE sneakers, a workout outfit you feel comfortable and confident wearing, a yoga mat, bicycle or equipment for exercise you actually enjoy.
- HAVE a workout buddy, fitness trainer or coach.
- HAVE time in your schedule every day for exercise, stress management and healthy cooking.
- HAVE a vegetable steamer, juicer, blender and other necessary appliances to cook healthy.
As you explore the Do/Be/Have paradigm, I am sure you can personalize your answers. You KNOW what you need, it’s just a question of implementation.
You know you want to be one of the 46 percent who maintains their resolution past six months and one of the 8 percent who pushes the ball across the goal line.
Get serious about Do/Be/Have and discover how easy it is to manifest what you really want in life!