One of the most important things you can do to facilitate your healing process is to get out of shock.
Why is getting out of shock so important?
When you are in shock, you are stuck in your sympathetic nervous system.
Staying stuck in your sympathetic nervous system keeps you in a state of chronic, unrelenting stress.
When you are healthy, you alternate between the sympathetic nervous system, which responds to stress, and your parasympathetic nervous system, which allows you to relax.
Signs you may be stuck in your sympathetic nervous system include:
- You feel tired but wired
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- You can’t take a full deep breath
- You feel anxious and/or depressed
- You suffer from insomnia
- You are unable to relax, even if you want to
- No matter how hard you try you can’t seem to unwind
- Your muscles feel chronically tight
- You suffer from physical pain for which no doctor can find an actual cause or relief
- You feel stuck in fight, flight or freeze
- You are unable to move forward in your life
- You suffer from adrenal burnout
- Your body is constantly flooded with the stress hormones cortisol and adrenalin
- Your immune system is chronically suppressed
- You suffer from PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder
Your body may go into shock either from a physical cause, such as falling, or an emotional cause, such as receiving terribly upsetting news.
Either way, your mind-body system responds in the same, contracted way.
When I’m doing a medical intuitive reading I can tell you have gone into shock from various clues by the way your body has been responding to the stress in your life.
When you go into shock, you operate primarily out of your amygdalae, two almond shaped clusters that direct your brain to operate primarily out of your reptilian reflexes.
No matter how smart you may be, no matter how educated you are, when you are in shock you just react out of primordial programming.
You literally just fight, flee or freeze.
In other words, you can’t be your best self because you’re operating out of survival mode.
I learned this technique and many others when I studied Total Body Modification (TBM).
Over my 26 years experience in natural healing, here are some of the ways I’ve cleared shock for various clients:
- For over a month after the terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center in New York, I cleared shock out of all my clients.
- I cleared shock from a gentleman cleaning his roof who had to jump off when his ladder fell.
- For countless others who received tragic news that affected them so deeply they could not immediately recover.
- For clients involved in accidents, including automobile accidents.
- For all those stuck in PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder, and trauma.
It’s important to recognize also that you hold shock in your joints.
I use another technique to clear shock out of your feet, ankles, knees, hips, wrists, elbows and neck.
If you suffer from chronic joint pain that no surgery, doctor or natural healing remedy can alleviate, you may want to ask yourself if you are holding shock in those joints.
Here’s how to do this technique:
- Determine how many layers of shock you are suffering from. You may need help determining this. Many of us have suffered from a series of unfortunate tragedies.
- In quick succession, flick your pubic bone (if you are wearing pants it will be around the midpoint of your zipper), your left lung point and your sternal notch.
- Rub T8 on either side of your spine while inhaling, exhaling and breathing.
- If you have determined you have multiple layers of shock, repeat the flicks. For example, if you have two layers of shock, flick the points twice followed by rubbing T8. If you have three layers, then flick the points three times and correct at T8. Continue increasing the number of flicks until you have cleared all layers of shock.
Another important technique I recommend for clearing shock is breathwork.
Breathwork can be so profound for clearing shock out of your nervous system because it allows you to bypass your story about what happened and release the pure energy of the trauma.
You can learn more about how to use breathwork to balance your nervous system by reading my 7th Amazon Number 1 bestseller, The Little Book of Breathwork.
What is healing? Healing happens when you get out of shock.
To set up an appointment for a medical intuitive reading or healing work, please email catherine@catherinecarrigan or call 678-612-8816. If you are calling internationally, please call me at the same number through WhatsApp so I can return your call toll free!
Remember even if you have been chronically stressed for years if you get out of shock your nervous system can start to unwind and you can restore your whole body to health and balance.