Let Go To Make The Space For Beneficial Change
This weekend, I was down in Savannah visiting my family when my sister-in-law related that my little niece, Sarah Jane, was reluctant to move into a larger bedroom made vacant by her older sister, who had recently left the nest.
“She is a Schulze,” my sister-in-law pointed out. “Schulzes don’t like change!”
Who among us can not relate?
Even given the chance to move into a more spacious bedroom, a more spacious life, who among us has not at first balked at the idea of having to do something different?
This issue is typical of the acupuncture meridian for our large intestine.
You can find out more about the emotions that affect every organ at your body at this link on my website.
The emotions that have to do with your large intestine include:
- Self worth
- Letting go
Typically, when I am working with clients to improve their digestion, I begin by teaching them how to eat in harmony with their body.
Natural healing remedies for your large intestine may include:
- Identifying and eliminating your food sensitivities
- Identifying and eliminating any and all parasites and bad bacteria that may be interfering
- Getting off junk food
- Never microwaving any food that goes into your mouth
- Avoiding fried foods and alcohol
- Adequate fiber from fruits and vegetables
- Enemas or colonics
- Relaxation exercises, since digestion is a parasympathetic activity and you must relax in order for your body to digest your food
- Yoga twists, which tone and encourage your intestines
- Red root, garlic, pumpkin seeds, aloe vera, walnut extract
- Flower essences Star of Bethlehem, Rock Rose, Crab Apple, Bottlebrush, Bauhinia, Internal Cleansing
I have had quite a few clients in my practice whose large intestine had been completely removed before they came to see me.
A combination of physical and mental/emotional work is necessary to heal your digestion.
Digestion is so important that it is frequently one of the issues that I address first in all my new clients. Why is your digestion so important?
- 90 percent of your neurotransmitters are made in your gut. If your GI system is not working properly, more than likely you will feel depressed and even anti-depressants won’t save you.
- 70 percent of your immune system begins in your gut. If your GI system is upset, you will have a suppressed immune system.
- You will be unable to absorb the nutrients you need to heal, to build healthy bones, muscles, teeth and hair.
- 70 percent of inflammation begins in your gut. If you do not repair your large intestine, more than likely you will hurt all over. You will continue to try to fix your hip, back, toes, shoulders, elbows and knees when really you need to start with your large intestine.
If you recognize you have been having trouble with your large intestine:
- Identify which emotion or emotions have been holding you back. You can start with the list above but there may be others.
- Come up with an affirmation for yourself. This may be: “I JOYFULLY RELEASE THE PAST TO MAKE THE SPACE FOR BENEFICIAL CHANGE.” Or, “I LET GO OF ALL I NO LONGER NEED IN A HEALTHY EASY WAY.” Or, “I BLESS THE PAST, FORGIVE ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED AND MOVE INTO THE LIGHT WITH EASE AND GRACE.”
- Ask yourself what you can do right now to let go. Maybe you could forgive. Maybe you could clean out your closets, your drawers, your basement and your house. Maybe you can make plans to leave that job that’s not serving you any longer.
- If you are still having troubles, make an appointment with me. I have a huge menu of natural healing remedies and I can empower you to make the changes you have been longing for.
What is healing? Healing happens when we joyfully release old energies we no longer need and embrace current vibration with confidence and joy.