One of the major sources of interference to you receiving quality guidance from your soul is your ego.

What is your ego?

Your ego could be defined as your mind.

This mind of yours has decided who it thinks you are.

Because the ego is ruled by fear, more than likely your ego has set limits on who you think you are, what you think you deserve to experience in this lifetime and what you think you are capable of accomplishing.

As Henry Ford once said, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”

Meanwhile, your soul has messages it wants to share with you, such as:

“Go HERE.”

“The opportunities are over THERE.”

“This person can help you, that one doesn’t really care.”

“Your real talent is X.”

Your soul has truly important information to share because your soul sees, hears, feels and knows from a totally expansive perspective.

This soul guidance is sometimes called psychic information, angelic communication, divine direction. You could call it your gut feeling, your inner knowing, your sixth sense.

This high-quality information can come to you but only if you get your ego out of the way long enough for these hints to drop in.

Here are three lies your ego likes to tell you:

  1. That it’s important for you to judge everything and everyone. When you judge, your ego mind puts labels on things. “This is terrible for me, this is really wonderful.” Your ego likes to categorize people, places and events. Personally, I like to think of a spectrum with judgment on one end and divine guidance on the other, just like the range of visible light from red to blue. When you judge anyone or anything, you immediately shut down your soul communication because you have put the experience in a box that fails to acknowledge the actual limits to your understanding. Even scientists report that only 4 percent of the known universe is visible. The other 96 percent can’t be seen, comprehended or detected. What if your ego actually knows nothing, so you recognize you are better off asking your soul for guidance from an expanded perspective?   What if, however, everything that ever happened to you was for your highest best interests? What if there are no mistakes? What if you have made soul agreements before you were born so that everything works out for the highest good of all concerned?
  2. That you don’t matter, that you are too small/insignificant/unimportant/the wrong gender/the wrong color/the wrong country/the wrong age to make a difference, so why bother? When you think small, you fail to value your life and the importance of your own choices. Quantum physics likes to talk about the butterfly effect. This is the fact that a small change in initial conditions in one state of a nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state. Additionally, merely observing a phenomenon will change that phenomenon.  You matter. What you think and do matters. Your being changes everything everywhere. When you recognize your connection to the whole, ask for guidance about how you can contribute at a higher level.
  3. That you need to stay safe. You will be alive in this body in this lifetime until you aren’t. In physics, the law of conservation of energy says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. What appears to be destruction is simply energy transforming from one state to another. Your ego arranges your entire thought structure around the myth that the world out there might possibly be scary, threatening or dangerous. Einstein said, “I think the most important question facing humanity is, ‘Is the universe a friendly place?’ This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves.”  When you behave as if the entire game was rigged for your highest good, knowing that you can’t really make any mistakes, you can give yourself permission to ask for guidance about which risks to take.

Guidance happens when we create the space in our minds to allow our angels to speak up.

Set your ego aside and listen!