What do you do every day to relax completely?
If you don’t do something every day to relax completely, you may be carrying around habitual muscle tension that leads to chronic fatigue.
Paradoxically, you may not be digging ditches all day long, but if you don’t spend time actually relaxing every day, you may feel like you did.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salts
- Lie down with a pillow under your knees and an eye bag over your eyes
- Tense and relax each muscle group from the tips of your toes to the crown of your head
- Imagine a waterfall flowing over your body and washing away your tension
- Give yourself permission to do nothing
- Sit in a rocking chair
- Lie in a hammock
- Come in for a Reiki session, Thai yoga body therapy or restorative yoga
- Do yin yoga
- Do legs against the wall pose