If you are considering suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
You can also text the Crisis Text line by texting HOME to 741741 to get help.
The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention recommends that those needing emotional support related to Covid-19 should call the Disaster Distress Helpline (800-985-5990), or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
What can you do to protect yourself and those you love from self harm?
In this interview for the Natural Healing Show for UK Health Radio, medical intuitive healer interviews suicide prevention advocate Tammy Joy Lane, a six-year veteran of the U.S. Army who found herself struggling after returning from Iraq.
Questions addressed in this interview include:
1. Is it okay to talk about suicide or does it give people ideas?
2. What is the best thing we can do to help someone in the moment of crisis?
3. What can we do to prevent suicide?
4. What are some good questions to ask someone who we think is suicidal?
5. What can we do to create a safety net for ourselves?
6. How can we make connections during this time of isolation ?
7. How do I ask for help when I feel like I need to be the strong one?
8. Why is saying “yes” when kindness is offered so important?
9. Is there any hope?
10. How can we help make the world safe to be human?
It’s critical right now that you understand what to do, what to say and how to protect your loved ones because of the mental health crisis we are all facing.
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, suicide was the 10th leading cause of death in the United States.
During the coronavirus pandemic, research shows the number of Americans considering suicide has shot up to 11 percent.
You can read my book Banish the Blues Now – available in paperback, ebook or audiobook – to learn how to heal depression naturally.
Now more than ever you want to take action steps to protect your own mental emotional health as well as the well-being of your loved ones.
It’s not just the social isolation that’s a huge risk factor here, it’s the economic downturn.
What is healing? Healing happens when you learn how to protect your mental health during times of intense crisis.
To set up an appointment for a medical intuitive reading or healing work, please email catherine@catherinecarrigan or call 678-612-8816. If you are calling internationally, please call me at the same number through WhatsApp so I can return your call toll free!