It is truly helpful to understand the emotions underlying every organ in the body because if you truly understand the mind-body connection you can just listen to people and figure out what is physically wrong with them.
Your liver is the seat of your anger. But, when it’s working well, your liver provides you with creativity, beneficial growth and openness to transformation.
You can discover the emotions behind your liver at this link on my website.
The primary emotions affecting your liver include:
- Self righteous indignation
If you listen carefully, you may actually hear a lot of these emotions as about 40 percent of the population has impaired liver detoxification. Simply put, genetically speaking, there’s about a 40 percent chance that your liver doesn’t work right.
It will behoove you to get your liver working better because more than likely you don’t want to get nasty illnesses like cancer or hepatitis, which is inflammation of the liver.
Because we project onto the world how we actually feel on the inside, if you find yourself constantly swearing or feeling frustrated or angry, more than likely your liver is not working as well as it could.
Of course, you can take positive steps on the physical level to help your liver. This may include natural healing remedies such as:
- Daily exercise
- Green leafy vegetables
- Lemon juice
- Avoid hydrogenated fats and fried foods
- Drinking enough water
- Avoiding pharmaceutical drugs as much as possible
- Tapering off toxic chemicals such as alcohol, sugar, street drugs and environmental chemicals
- Choosing organic produce
- Eliminating chemicals in your home and garden
- Choosing organic personal care products
- Using a far infrared sauna
- Milk thistle, turmeric, burdock, dandelion, artichoke, chicory
- Flower essences Holly, Impatiens, Dagger Hakea, Mountain Devil, Base Regulator, Internal Cleansing
- Daily juicing
As much as all these steps are incredibly helpful, the other part of healing your liver is resolving old resentments that have caused you to feel angry.
Nothing clogs up your liver function like old anger. In fact, I would be so bold to say that you can detoxify on a regular basis, but until and unless you learn to forgive and let go completely, you will continue to be plagued by liver problems.
If you recognize that your liver is stressed, take these steps:
- Use the list above to determine the primary emotion or emotions that has been causing your liver to malfunction.
- Choose the positive aspect instead. You may want to use an affirmation: “I AM VITAL AND CREATIVE.” Or, “I AM OPEN TO BENEFICIAL CHANGE.” Or, “KINDNESS AND HAPPINESS FILL MY BEING.”
- Ask yourself what triggers your negative emotions. You may be blaming your negativity on current circumstances, but the pattern may well have started in the past due to unresolved previous events.
- Ask your higher self what you would need to do to release the negativity for good. You may benefit from reading my previous blog posts about forgiveness, since lack of forgiveness clogs the liver.
- If you are unable to resolve the emotions yourself, get professional help. As a kinesiologist and medical intuitive, I ask your mind/body/soul what you would need to do to move towards a more positive state of being. I use literally hundreds of techniques. It’s all about what will work for you.
What is healing? Healing happens when we let go of our past hurts, anger and resentment and open ourselves to living more fully in the present moment.