Coming soon! My eighth book, The Difference Between Pain and Suffering.
Overcome your pain and suffering the natural way.
Let medical intuitive healer Catherine Carrigan show you how.
Discover drug-free secrets from yoga, Reiki, energy healing and alternative medicine with photographs and exercises that really work.
If you’ve been wondering why you haven’t been seeing new blogs or videos from me these past few weeks, it’s because I’ve been deep in final revisions for my eighth book. This is the most introspective phase of my writing process. I go deep inside myself to get the feel of my book just right.
Creating a book is a joyful experience for me. Nothing feeds my soul like creating a book that I know will help a lot of people not just this year but for many years to come.
I listen to my guidance and write what I’m told.
Then I work with a FABULOUS team:
- Tony Kessler, my editor
- Diane Fulmer, photographer
- Ramajon Cogan, layout and cover
- Denise Cassino, Amazon No. 1 marketing specialist
When you’ve got a great group of people you can’t go wrong.
By the time I publish a book, my team and I have worked through numerous phases:
- I write the book. Usually I write one chapter at a time savoring the process. Writing a chapter for me is like having two squares of my very favorite dark chocolate – totally yummy! Not necessarily every day but frequently I wake up and write first thing in the morning after prayer and meditation.
- Create the photos with Diane Fulmer, the photographer. We shot our photos at Fort Pulaski in Savannah, Georgia. I made a list of 41 exercises that I use most often to get my clients out of pain. Then Diane took my picture as I demonstrated each one.
- Tony Kessler reads the rough draft for content. I also asked my good friend Nina Lynn to read my initial draft to see what she thought. In this phase, people read the draft and tell me whether I make sense or not, what to improve, what to cut, etc.
- I revise the book. In this phase, I read the book forwards all the way through, then backwards all the way through. I correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, content and do my best to smooth out the feel of the book.
- Ramajon Cogan creates numerous rough drafts of the book cover, as does Denise Cassino. We all share the suggested covers with people we know to receive feedback. We adjust the photo, the title, the typeface, the color until we all agree it offers the best presentation.
- Rama downloads diagrams of all the acupuncture meridians. From these diagrams, he creates illustrations from my book, which includes directions on how you can trace your meridians to get out of pain.
- Tony edits the final version of the manuscript.
- Rama creates the back cover, which include a blurb explaining how readers will benefit and a photo of me sitting cross legged in a yoga pose.
- Ramajon Cogan lays out the pages.
- Tony and I proofread the layout. This involves filling out a very complicated galley sheet. At this page, we mark not on the book itself but in the galley sheet, noting the line, the paragraph, how the words currently read and how they should read. I find this phase tedious and nerve wracking because if I don’t find the rest of my errors here they end up in the published book.
- Rama corrects the layout.
- When we all agree we have found as many errors as possible, Rama uploads the book to Createspace.com, Amazon’s publisher.
- Once the book is uploaded, I order a proof copy. That means I get to hold a single printed copy in my hands and proofread again. My usual feeling at this stage is AGHAST that I have not seen the errors up until that point.
- I ask Rama to correct the proof.
- Rama makes the corrections to the final version. We all give up and hope nobody finds further errors and finally the book is PUBLISHED!
- At this point, Denise Cassino takes over with marketing. She creates picboxes of the cover with blurbs about the book as well as a landing page. Together we launch a campaign on Twitter and throughout social media to let everybody know the book has been released and encouraging everybody to buy it.
Many people have been asking when the new book will finally come out. My honest answer: not sure! We’ve got many production phases to complete, many errors to catch and surprises sure to come.
But the writing’s done, the photos are complete and Tony, Rama and Denise are gearing up. So excited to bring you this book to share my secrets about how to get out of pain and suffering!