You are a being of immense strength and unlimited power.
Whether you recognize it or not, you have the power to change your future for the better by rethinking your past.
If I am doing a medical intuitive reading, one of the things that commonly pops out at me is where people see themselves as a victim.
This past week, I was doing a medical intuitive reading for a young woman on the West Coast. She had received four injections from medical doctors last year that had left her with very bad reactions.
“You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and move into action on your own healing,” I said to her. “It’s O.K. to have a pity party for 24 hours or so. We’re all human. But then we need to move on.”
Albert Einstein said that one of the most important questions facing humanity is whether or not we consider the universe a friendly place.
If you consider the universe a friendly place, then anything and everything that happens in your life is for your highest good. Even if it was apparently an accident, a mistake, then it all occurred for your own benefit.
I met a lady yesterday who became close to her now husband as a result of falling off a ladder. The surgery and medical care to repair her knee cost about $150,000. Following her surgery, she was very fearful of falling again, but the man who became her husband asked if she would ride with him on his motorcycle.
“I realized that if I said no to that, I would probably say no to a lot of things,” she recalled. “So I said yes.”
She hugged him as tight as she could to hang on the back of the motorcycle. Apparently he liked that very much, and now both of them are married and happier than either of them could have possibly imagined.
If you consider the universe an unfriendly place, then what will constantly be popping into your mind is some version of the victim-perpetrator story. Some person, some large corporation, an injection, a person in supposed power and authority will always be menacing your life.
You will always find yourself fighting off your supposed demons, wielding the sword of your conscious thoughts in a battle against all that you see outside yourself as dangerous, poisonous, ruinous, treacherous, financially ruinous or potentially lethal.
In your scared little mind, there is always something outside of you that could hurt you, take your money, make you unhappy or spoil your day.
I remember long ago reading the work of Dr. David Hawkins, M.D., author of Power Vs. Force. He talked about how most people muscle test weak with substances such as aspartame, a common ingredient in diet sodas, or fluorescent lights. During the course of his research, however, Dr. Hawkins discovered that students of A Course in Miracles did not go weak when muscle tested with aspartame, fluorescent lights or other common offenders.
If you study A Course in Miracles one of the things that you will learn is that nothing outside of you has any power over you other than the meaning you project on to it.
Here are the highlights of the first 10 lessons of A Course in Miracles, which you can read more about at this link. This is a good place to start:
- Nothing I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place] means anything.
- I have given everything I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place] all the meaning that it has for me.
- I do not understand anything I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].
- These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like the things I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].
- I am never upset for the reason I think.
- I am upset because I see something that is not there.
- I see only the past.
- My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
- I see nothing as it is now.
- My thoughts do not mean anything.
When you realize that there is actually no out there out there, you can begin to come to some uncomfortable but incredibly helpful realizations:
- You could be a healthier person if you recognized that you created everything that has already happened to you.
- Problems, accidents, travails and difficulties are not actually personal. They happen to everybody. Just ask around!
- You can take your power back by calling yourself a creator and asking yourself what the blessing is. Even if you don’t recognize it yet, it’s there. It’s all good. It’s all one energy. It’s all God. And it’s all for your benefit, especially when you take the time to figure that out.
What is healing? Healing happens when we take our power back, stop thinking of ourselves as a victim and start recognizing that we are deeply guided at every moment of our lives.