And now for some GOOD news!
Due to recent events, I have ceased seeing clients and students in person and have shifted my regular yoga and qi gong classes to meet online via Zoom.us video conference.
You are welcome to join us from anywhere in the world at these times:
- Tuesday evenings, 7:30 to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Thursday mornings, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Thursday evenings, 7:30 to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Private yoga and qi gong instruction by appointment via Zoom.us
Your house. Find a room big enough where you can roll out a yoga mat and/or swing your arms for qi gong.
- By meeting on Zoom.us we can continue to practice our yoga and qi gong
- We get to continue to support each other through uplifting community
- This is a good way to connect with loved ones in other cities, states or even countries so invite your friends and family
- Dogs, cats, small children and spouses are also invited
- No glam! No need to dress up, come as you are
- No commute
- Stress management
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Physical fitness, including strength work, core work, stretching and aerobic exercises
- Mudras and guided meditation
- Instruction from a teacher with 25 years experience teaching yoga and about 20+ years teaching qi gong (but who’s counting at this point?)
- Lots of laughs
Here’s a photo of me after practicing yoga in my studio via video conference.
- At least one yoga mat
- A yoga strap, and/or a belt to use for stretching such as a bathrobe belt
- A chair, ideally a metal folding chair with no arms on either side
- Yoga eggs or yoga blocks and if you have neither of those a big book could work
- Pillows and blankets for relaxation
- Install Zoom.us onto your computer
Last week I was very proud of everyone because pretty much all our regular students figured out how to install Zoom.us onto their computer.
Yes, you could put Zoom.us onto your cell phone but if you try to practice yoga or qi gong that way in an online class you might have trouble holding your phone while doing the exercises.
BREATHE WHILE DOWNLOADING
If you are brand new to Zoom you have to go to this link to install the app on your computer: www.zoom.us/support/download
If you feel like having a temper tantrum over this step, you should know that students up to the age of 75 were able to figure this out so you probably have a good chance of getting this done yourself.
To join the class you will need to send me an email and I will send you my Zoom link so you can join us.
TO JOIN THE CLASS EVERY WEEK
Once you have the Zoom room number, you will follow these steps:
- Copy and paste the link I send you into your browser about 5 minutes before the class begins.
- You will be asked “Do you want to allow this page open “Zoom.us.app” and click ALLOW.
- A window will pop up click on “Join with Computer Audio.” Click on that.
- Across the bottom there will be a Cross through a Video Camera. Then click on the video camera to remove the Slash and your video will start. Then you’re in Zoom and can start chatting with your friends!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT, SUCH AS IT IS
If you have technical difficulties, please call me before the class at 678-612-8816 and I can walk you through the steps to use Zoom.
Needless to say I am not a Geek so there’s a limit to challenges in the land of Geekdom that I will be able to conquer over the phone.
If you have trouble turning on your iPad you may need help from a family member before proceeding.
One of my regular clients called me afterwards to say, “Thank you so much for showing me how to use Zoom. This is really cool!”
Thank you for understanding that I still need to be able to make a living such as it is.
Yoga and qi gong classes are $20.
You can pay me via Venmo @CatherineSCarrigan or I can send you a bill via Paypal or you can mail a check to:
1951 Northside Drive NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
What is healing? Healing happens when you figure out ways to continue your healthy routine even during times of a global pandemic.
To set up an appointment for a medical intuitive reading or healing work, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816. If you are outside the U.S., please call via WhatsApp. I can work with you from anywhere in the world by phone, Skype or Zoom video conference.
Resources to Cope with the Coronavirus Pandemic